- We provides over arching technical guidance that will help duty holders to comply with the safety provisions in the Regulations.
- It is particularly relevant to duty holders such as employers, private individuals and other people manufacturing explosives, storing larger quantities of explosives or storing explosives that present higher hazards or greater risks of initiation.
- It also contains material relevant to enforcing authorities such as local authority trading standards officers, the police, fire and rescue services and other emergency services. This publication may also be of interest to other government or regulatory agencies and waste disposal operators.
- Some safety measures are particularly important because they reduce the risk of an explosion being initiated and limit the consequences in the event of an initiation. These safety measures are:
- Appropriate Training & Competence; Safe Systems of Work &Working Practices; High Standards of Housekeeping; Providing & Maintaining Appropriate Mounds & Traverses; Effective Stock Management; Segregating Explosives Presenting Different Likelihoods of Initiation (or Different Hazard Types); Segregating Explosives Operations from other Activities; Safely Transporting Explosives on Site; Keep Sources of Ignition away from the Explosives or other Flammable Materials on Site; Fire Fighting Arrangements, Etc.,